Cierra + Hank
I forgot how much I love destination weddings. Not to mention a destination wedding with an absolutely beautiful couple that I am happy to call friends. Cierra and Hank were blessed with a beautiful day on the beach with there family and closest friends for the perfect intimate wedding they had been dreaming about for so long.
Cierra had such a fun group of girls by her side that day. Finding “the” dress proved to be hard for Cierra. She had found and picked out four separate dresses, deciding each one just wasn’t right. Within the week of her wedding she finally found it! But her size wasn’t at the David’s bridal in Bloomington so her mom surprised her by rushing up to the Indy store and snagging the one she needed! Yay for the MOB! Cierra you were absolutely stunning and that dress! It was perfect. We celebrated the start of the day with a fun champaigne pop with all her girls!
Handwritten beautiful vows were read, the minister had everyone in the bridal party and the parents come pray over Cierra and Hank, and they were pronounced husband and wife!
I love the variety of shots we got. Same location, same beach throughout the day but the lighting changed and gave us the most beautiful sunset. I am so excited to share the beautiful, Mr. and Mrs. Phillips!
Want to know more about Cierra and Hank and their love story? Keep scrolling
Getting to know the bride and groom:
1. How did you two meet?
HIS Answer: We’ve known each other since junior high when Cierra moved to Edgewood. We’ve really been good friends ever since 6th/7th grade!! We don’t have a “how we met” story because she’s always just been there.
HER Answer: I was crazy about Hank in junior high J But same answer as his!
2. Proposal Story?
It was two days before Thanksgiving when I proposed. I planned it out to propose to her on my parent’s screen porch because we essentially grew up together in that house, and it’s a very sentimental place for us! (Also, that porch is also where we had prom dinner our Junior year.) I had Reece set up all the lights and candles while I distracted Cierra at the mall, and then we came home and she was completely surprised!!!
3. What is your favorite date night?
HIS Answer: Dinner out at an outdoor eatery! Then a walk to chat (of course it’s gorgeous outside)
HER Answer: Going to a different city, like Indy, and exploring before having dinner outside!
4. Tell an embarrassing story about Cierra: “Hank here. So, we’re at Starbucks no more than a few months after we started dating and I’m looking at their “Reserve” coffee beans (the high end stuff). Cierra of course is patiently waiting and letting me look and helping me decide if I should buy a bag. I decide not to, and we buy our drinks and head to the car. When we get there, Cierra realizes that she has tucked one of the bags under her arm and left with it!! (This is a bag of coffee beans that are about $50 per pound) So I take it back inside for her because she’s so embarrassed. This is the first of many times I will take the heat for something silly Cierra does.”
5. Honeymoon Plans?! Heading to Madeira/Clearwater for a long weekend after the wedding! Then hoping to take an all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean sometime in December.
6. Something unique about your wedding day: It is on the beach with our closest friends and family – very intimate and simple!
7. What photo/moment are you most excited for me to capture on your wedding day?
HIS Answer: Intimate pictures of Cierra and I together, dressed up in our wedding attire. (Hugging, noses together, me behind her with my arms around her, etc.)
HER Answer: The first time Hank and I see each other!
Photographer: Mathers Photography
Venue: The Sand Bar at Anna Maria Island
Dress: David's Bridal
Cake: Hometown Desserts
DJ: DJ Jason and Associates